What Happens On My First Visit?
We will complete an in-depth medical and dental health history and a thorough examination to measure bone loss, loose teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ, and other signs of periodontal disease. Please plan on spending about 60-90 minutes with us. We will need all demographic data to admit you to our practice, including your SSN, date of birth, and ID.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- Your Medical History, Financial Data Forms, and x-rays from your referring dentist. Dr. Drake will determine if additional imaging is needed to complete your exam. However, it does help if you contact them (your general dentist/other dentists) and ask them to send your dental x-rays in advance to [email protected] or fax them to 503-385-8825.
- Please note: You do NOT need a referral to be seen by Dr. Drake!
- A list of medications you are currently taking (please note that you can fill out your patient registration and medical history form on our website.)
- Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern before surgery (e.g., artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).
- As is our policy, on your first visit, we collect in full before providing service. We collect a booking deposit equal to your new patient visit fees at the time of scheduling. If you have dental insurance you would like us to file, please bring that to your appointment.
- Please review our insurance page-click here.
- A parent or guardian at the consultation appointment must accompany all patients under 18.